Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: [emacs-bidi]status? news?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: [emacs-bidi]status? news?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:23:43 +0200 (IST)

On 18 Jan 2001, Matan Ninio wrote:

> We (at the cs.huji system group) have done some peeking into this code
> (back in 1999), but we never got anywhere (except for some minor
> adjustment in ps-print, but I'm not shore I can find it now).
> Our main problem was lack of understanding of the intenals of the
> display engine.  Is there anywhere one can read on the above internals?

I'll say it again: I think anyone who wants to make a difference in
adding bidi support to Emacs should study the Emacs 21 display engine
_now_.  If you have questions, especially questions that pertain to
the aspects which are relevant to the bidi support, please post them
here.  I will try to answer them as best I can, and I hope Handa-san
and Gerd, who read this list, will also be able to help where I don't
know enough.