[emacs-bidi] Re: [emacs-bidi]status? news?

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Re: [emacs-bidi]status? news?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:18:26 +0330 (IRT)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If there are people here who know their ways in the internals of the
> Emacs display engine and are willing to work on this, please speak up.
> It goes without saying that I'm very unhappy with my failure to make any
> practical advances in this area, so I'd be very glad if someone would
> come to help.

I also want to mention that now, an LGPL-ed library for bidi is available
now, which was not the case when we were in the deep discussion here. It's
Fribidi (http://fribidi.sourceforge.net/), and I and a colleague are
working to add explicit bidi support to it. It will be the first
GPL-compatible Unicode-conformant implementation.

--roozbeh