Re: [Duplicity-talk] Which backups include a particular file?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Which backups include a particular file?
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:17:02 +0100

I just checked the earlier mentioned backup here and find all signatures in
place. Actually there are even signatures for already purged backup chains.
Listing files from before the last full backup works flawless :)

Questions arise:

A. Do signatures not get purged with old backups?

B. The leftover signatures are ignored by cleanup until --extra-clean is used.
Unfortunately --extra-clean ignores that some signatures are still needed. I
guess cleanup needs an age parameter like purge by now.

ede/duply.net