Re: [Duplicity-talk] Which backups include a particular file?

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Which backups include a particular file?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 05:56:18 -0600

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 5:05 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14.12.2010 12:01, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 3:24 AM,<address@hidden>  wrote:

On 13.12.2010 15:10, Kenneth Loafman wrote:

Let me give an example. E.g. I do weekly fulls and daily incrementals. The
 file needed existed during in the asterisk marked period.

 Wouldn't a 'list-current-files 7D' list the file? If not, why?

Once full_08 is created duplicity should have deleted incr_02 through
incr_07.  These are no longer needed.

I just checked a current backup and status shows me the attached. I read
it, that all incrementals are there, even though I understood they would be
deleted with every new full.
@Ken: What did I miss?

You missed nothing.  I forgot that it was moved to the
'remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full' command a while back due to the issues we
were discussing.

So to round-up on the topic: He can list the deleted file, right? I could do a test, but when the incrementals are in place and the version is 0.6.06+ this should work. Right?

It should.  And the file should be recoverable.