Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity fails to do incremental backups on Ubuntu

From: Gabriel Ambuehl
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity fails to do incremental backups on Ubuntu Feisty
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:18:50 +0100

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 08:51:34 Michael Baierl wrote:
> > Anyone who wants to make any comments about what they think duplicity
> > needs most, now is the time to jump in and have your voice heard; I'll
> > read over the comments from here.
>
> My 2 cents:
>   -) provide a WebDav backend
>   -) should work more stable so signatures are found and broken pipe
> errors are gone

This is by far the most important one in my view. If discarding of perfectly
valid signatures is fixed, other backends should be easy enough to add. A
backup tool that claims to do incremental backups but then randomly fails to
do so for some unknown reason is not very useful :(

>   -) should work stable within cygwin so the same tool can be used for
> Windows + Linux
>
> If it's more stable it's a perfect tool!

I agree. I'd be more than happy to help testing any improvements (possibly not
the WebDAV backend as I currently don't have any WebDAV server up though).

BTW: you can have WebDAV right now if you use Linux:
http://dav.sourceforge.net/