dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] [patch #3599] ildasm offsets

From: Russell Stuart
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [patch #3599] ildasm offsets
Date: 30 Dec 2004 09:32:34 +1000

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 07:48, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Debug code should generally be removed after the bug has been located.  It
> keeps the system cleaner and easier to understand.  A few modes, like CVM
> debugging, are present because we have to use them so often.   But they are
> the exception, not the rule.

There is a way around this: most projects (pnet included,
from what I have seen), welcome unit test code.  If you
find a bug, add a test the demonstrates it, and later
proves it doesn't exist.

There are not too many people who will object to you
modifying the ilasm code to make it more testable,
providing it is not too intrusive.  Code that is easy
to test is generally easier to debug as well.