dolibarr-dev

Re: [Dolibarr-dev] difference Versioning Tag-Download / Différence Tag

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] difference Versioning Tag-Download / Différence Tag vs Download
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:07:08 -0300

2012/12/27 Régis Houssin <address@hidden>:
> Laurent,
>
> as-tu refait le package 3.2.3 depuis la création du tag ?
> j'ai créé le tag 3.2.3 lorsque le package 3.2.3 a été uploadé sur
> sourceforge,
> as-tu uploadé à nouveau une nouvelle version de ce package ?
> si oui c'est mal ! ;-))
> soit on fait une 3.2.4 soit je refait un tag à partir du moment où tu as
> refait le package.
>

> Le 27/12/12 17:46, Florian Henry a écrit :
>
> Hello all,
>
>      I come again with the versionning issues.
>
>      There is a difference between the Tag 3.2.3 in Github
> dolibarr/dolibarr and the version 3.2.3 downladable here :
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dolibarr/files/Dolibarr%20ERP-CRM/3.2.3/
>
>      It's not a huge difference : in main.inc.php line 879 on
> $themeparams=... The version with the tag 3.2.3 in github seems to be
> more accurate than the one avalaible with the download.
>
>      I can understand that the différence is really light, but as a
> developper I would like to be sure that the install made by my customers
> (if they do it themselve) is exactly the same the tha tagged version it
> get on github.
>
>      The pacakge downloadable should be updated.

Hi I can agree with you. Again I will say, the tags are used to mark a
point in the development cycle. So tagging some code in svn or git
would mean a snapshot of
that code, and no longer touchable at all. To touch a code for future
development we must use branches. This would be the correct way of
working with a revision control system.
>From main development tree we create a branch named 3.2 for example,
where all bugfixes for 3.2.x go inside. When the branch is ready to
release we create a TAG 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3
and so on. Then from that TAG you can create a tarball for distribution.
This is the correct way on how to work with RCS.

Rgds
Saxa