dmidecode-devel

RE: [dmidecode] Re: dmidecode for DOS?

From: Anderson, Ian
Subject: RE: [dmidecode] Re: dmidecode for DOS?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:44:16 -0400

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping that integrating the patches would garner
attention from someone who has actually done some DOS C programming and
clean them up (assuming they can be).
On a related note, would it be possible to a another switch that would add a
chunk of text before an -s tag output?
I'd like to be able to create a batch file/shell script that can do the
following

dmidecode -s chassis-asset-tag -e set assettag= > env.bat
dmidecode -s chassis-serial-number -e set serialno= > env.bat
dmidecode -s system-product-name -e set model= > env.bat

and then env.bat would be
set assettag=[assettag]
set serialno=[serialno]
set model=[model]