dmidecode-devel

[dmidecode] Re: dmidecode for DOS?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [dmidecode] Re: dmidecode for DOS?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:36:49 +0200

Hi Ian,

[Ian Anderson]
> Not sure exactly what I did, I just tried simplifying the code so that
> short options would work, but with the attached dmiopt.c I was able to
> successfully compile dmidecode under DOS and all command line options
> appear to work as expected.  It may be a FreeDOS-specific compile, but
> it does work. :)

Most certainly you replaced getopt_long with getopt, and I guess the
former wasn't supported by DJGPP but the latter was.

It's great to know that dmidecode can be easily hacked to work in DOS
environments. I will probably not integrate these changes in the
mainline sources though, because I would be unable to maintain
compatibility afterwards (not having a test system).

--
Jean Delvare