dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] Re: dmidecode for DOS?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] Re: dmidecode for DOS?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:25:15 +0200

Hi Ian,

[Ian Anderson]
> Also, if possible, please add a dmidecode -s system-uuid string
> type.

OK, CVS version of dmidecode now has it. Feedback welcome.

This was on my to-do list for quite some times, but implementing it was
less trivial than it would seem, because the system UUID is not a DMI
string. It is binary data which dmidecode decodes into a string, so I
needed to be able to link a given -s option to an arbitrary dmidecode
function.

While I was there, I also added the following string keywords which
needed the same mechanism:
  chassis-type
  processor-family
  processor-frequency