Re: TextEdit : critical error prevents loading

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: TextEdit : critical error prevents loading
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:54:45 +0300

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:45:25 +0300,
Yavor Doganov wrote:
> Patrick CARDONA wrote:
> > I just notice that the margins in the summery of the Page Layout are
> > very odd (attached screenshot) and when I print an example, the text
> > is not placed where it should be.
>
> This is a separate issue; I think there's a bug in the way the margins
> are computed as they are also wrong for me.

Well, this turned out to be more complicated than I thought, so I
filed a bug:

Some of these problems are well known and have been discussed before.
Fred, I would appreciate if you can take a look when you have the
time.

TextEdit has hardcoded margins (72 pts) that are not exposed in the UI
and cannot be changed.  It still needs the attached minimalistic patch
to do the right thing (along with the GUI patch from the bug above).