Re: SimpleAgenda 0.44 - No way to add new task or new appointment

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: SimpleAgenda 0.44 - No way to add new task or new appointment
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:21:22 +0000 (UTC)

В Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:56:43 +0200, Patrick CARDONA написа:

> I hope you will forgive my poor knowledge about testing the patch.

No problem at all.  Not all users have these skills, and that's perfectly
fine.

> So I did not found any way to add dev repository matching Agenda.app dev
> archive : when I add dev sources within Ubuntu repositories, none
> leading to gnustep.

Most probably you have to duplicate your "deb" entries with "deb-src",
IOW if you have in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic universe multiverse

Add another line:

deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic universe multiverse

Then run "apt update" and you can "apt-get source" any package that is in
the official Bionic archive.  (All of this is untested as I don't have
access to an Ubuntu system and have never used it myself.)

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingEasyHowTo

This is about compiling random software the usual way.  That is in some
cases more difficult.  I thought rebuilding the *debian* package would be
easier.  Anyway.

> and got the tarball
> here : https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/bionic/agenda.app

Using that link, grab the source package with this command (you must have
devscripts installed):

dget -u http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/a/agenda.app/
agenda.app_0.44-1build1.dsc

Then the instructions are the same as for textedit.app.

> But now, since I am inside the directory, I do not find where to apply
> the patch.
> In the previous example, you gave me a debian path and here there is not
> such a path.

Right, there is no debian directory if you unpacked only the upstream
tarball.  In this case, apply the patch like this:

$ patch -p1 </path/to/storefile.patch

You can build and test (without installing the app):

$ sudo apt-get build-dep agenda.app
$ ./configure
$ make
$ defaults delete SimpleAgenda
$ ./SimpleAgenda.app/SimpleAgenda

Make sure to delete the defaults as the store is marked read-only.