Re: gnustep-base tests

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: gnustep-base tests
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 20:57:32 +0200

Ho,

On 09/05/2016 20:52, Eric Heintzmann wrote:

Le 09/05/2016 18:14, Eric Heintzmann a écrit :
Hi,
I'm currently trying to build the official debian packages for the four gnustep core packages.

Not clear.
I m packaging latest gnustep packages. These packages will become the official debian packages in the future debian stable (stretch).

that sounds good, we need new packages!!

PS
I build these packets in debian unstable under Vitualbox (amd64)
gnustep-make:

./configure \
        --with-layout=fhs-system \
        --enable-native-objc-exceptions \
        --disable-strict-v2-mode

why do you need to disable v2 strict mode? Which packages fail? few to none should. In case I think upstream packages have been updated and we can backport the patch.

gnustep-base:
        # Override the test for libkvm to ensure that /proc is used on
        # GNU/kFreeBSD even if libkvm-dev is installed (#593898).
    ./configure \
        ac_cv_lib_kvm_kvm_getenvv=no \
        --enable-libffi \
        --disable-openssl \
        --disable-bfd

disable-bfd ? disable-openssl? I never needed those options, don't even know what the first does. Also, enable-libffi should not be needed: if it is present it gets used by default. On contrary, if ffcall is preferred (on some rare platforms) you need to explicit it.

Riccardo