Re: gnustep-base tests

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gnustep-base tests
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 10:41:49 +0100

> On 9 May 2016, at 17:14, Eric Heintzmann <heintzmann.eric@free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'm currently trying to build the official debian packages for the four
> gnustep core packages.
>
> Gnustep-base1.24.9 builds fine but don't pass regression tests (make check):
>
> From the build logs:
>
> base/NSInvocationOperation/basic.m:
> Failed file:     basic.m aborted without running all tests!
>
> base/NSNumberFormatter/basic10_4.m:
> Failed test:         basic10_4.m:149 ... negativeFormat used for -ve number
>
> From test logs:
>
> Building in base/NSInvocationOperation
> Making all for test_tool basic...
>  Compiling file basic.m ...
>  Linking test_tool basic ...
>
> Testing basic.m...
> Running base/NSInvocationOperation/basic.m...
> Passed test:     basic.m:26 ... Can invoke a selector on a target
> Passed test:     basic.m:35 ... Can recover an operation's invocation
> Passed test:     basic.m:39 ... Can schedule an NSInvocation
> Passed test:     basic.m:48 ... Can't get result of a void invocation
> Passed test:     basic.m:58 ... Can't get the result of a cancelled invocation
> Passed test:     basic.m:64 ... Result is nil before the invocation has
> completed
> /usr/bin/gnustep-tests: line 309: 20007 Aborted $RUN_CMD
> Failed file:     basic.m aborted without running all tests!
>
> Building in base/NSNumberFormatter
> Making all for test_tool basic...
> Making all for test_tool basic10_4...
>  Compiling file basic.m ...
>  Compiling file basic10_4.m ...
>  Linking test_tool basic ...
>  Linking test_tool basic10_4 ...
> [...]
> Testing basic10_4.m...
> [...]
> Failed test:         basic10_4.m:149 ... negativeFormat used for -ve number
>
> Also there is a segmentation fault when running the test (i think this
> related to the failed file)
>
> What should i do to avoid these problems ?
> Use another version of gcc (I used default debian gcc -- ie gcc 5)?
> Use another compiler flags ? (i leave them untouched)

On the one hand, the particular number format stuff is rarely used, so a bug
there may not be important (and may depend on the particular ICU library
shipped on the system).
On the other, we really want to fix *any* failure of the regression tests.
Does the same problem occur with gnustep-base from svn trunk?
Can you get a stack trace of the crash?