Re: Is there any way to use ARC in 32-bit?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Is there any way to use ARC in 32-bit?
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:17:44 +0100

Hi,

Lundberg, Johannes wrote:

I agree. For me it was complicated to understand how it works. No easy way of creating new projects so I copy/paste the gnumakefile and change the content. It's tricky to know where to add compiler and linker flags although this might not be only for gnustep make. I too have to keep track of two build systems because I code in Xcode and build and run the code on FreeBSD/Linux.
you might try buildtool with xcode support and work with Gregory to bring it up to your needs.

If I can, I don't even write makefiles I let ProjectCenter handle them, as I use XCode on Mac. THis way I maintain projects that compile on both platforms. ProjectCenter is however full of limits, so I end too up messing with the makefiles, but I don't see it that difficult. most often I do not need autoconf, in that case gnustep-make gives you enough sugar to sweeten make's pill.

I see it as an advantage to depend "only" on make when buildin, cmake is growing to a small monstrum.
Actually, if we supported BSD make and not just GNU make it would be super.

that's just my experience, it really depends on how you organize your builds.

Riccardo