Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 17:08:49 +0100

Hi,
>> IMhO, some glimpse could be nice, but should be like QT's.
>> http://qt.nokia.com/products
>>
> http://qt.nokia.com/
>
> Their front page is very nice,
I don't like its look,it is very boxy and somehow tired, because it is
the standard look of most contemporary websites, I like our "free"
flowing look quite a bit. I tweaked the css a bit.

However the design of their navigation has some interesting details I'll
see if I can reimplement for us.
> I think. If you want some decorations
> like them like some icon arts I can make some in 3D for you. Just
> describe what you want and style, realistic? cartoon? Like those box
> and question marks on http://th.blender.wikia.com/

DO you think you can make a 3d look, but not realistic, stylized. Not
cartoon. Something like the NeXT look redone in "real" 3d: No textures,
uniform flat colors, but with full shadowing of course, like 3d.
Perspective like a distant telephoto.

A toolbox, single tools, question marks.. I'd start with those.
I could incorporate them in the navigation of the single theme pages, to
mark the sections.
>>> Perhaps the Wiki could have a screen shot section? That way many members
>>> could contribute their different environments, showing our versatility.
>>>
>> Absolutely agree on this. Just hate the Wiki's permission block.

Well, most of the more active GNUstep members should have access. It is
just a matter to login. I think it's fine.

Riccardo