Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 23:34:43 +0100

Hi,

I reply here, since this was the starting post.

I think it is a good idea to leverage the Wiki to gather Screenshots because it allows a good degree of flexibility: I think we need to illustrate each application, task or feature with a screenshot in that context. You (or other like Lars) ask for a "gallery" page.

With the wiki, we can do both.

First, all uploaded images can be categorized as screenshots. This allows an automatic creation of a list to pick from. I started to do some categorization as a test. Look here:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Category:Screenshots

a single screenshot can be configured as here, with a category:
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Image:Etoile-0.4-about-vs-melodie.png

and then used like this:
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Melodie.app

The real good thing is the automatic creation of galleries which allows a cretain degree of flexibility, including description and link and size, an idea is here:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Screenshots

The categories are just a draft.. we have so few screenshots anyway.

Do you notice something, however?? No images are shown!

I think our MediaWiki is misconfigured or something is wrong on the server. I wrote the webmasters and hope they will fix it.

IN theory, it should look like this:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Images_and_other_uploaded_files#Gallery

Pretty cute, doesn't it? And it is easy to maintain and collect.

Cheers,
  Riccardo