Re: Suitability for production code?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Suitability for production code?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:59:39 +0200

On 07.10.2008, at 19:22, Gregory Weston wrote:
What I'm really looking for is opinions, anecdotes, etc on how stable
and robust the GNUstep version of Foundation is. I know I'm up to it
because I've already done it, but GNUstep's my unknown. Can I trust this
as the base for a mid-volume server (say 50,000 transactions per day),
heavily threaded with response windows measured in centiseconds, and
uptime that needs to be very close to 100%?

Sure. Grep the mailing list for "Brainstorm" and you'll find some references to a system which is much larger than what you describe.

ScalableOGo is another big system which (now) sits on top of gnustep- base.

Obviously gnustep-base doesn't magically do all the work for you, you still need to be fluent in writing scalable systems ;-)

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess