Re: Clash of the Titans, GNUstep alongside GNOME

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Clash of the Titans, GNUstep alongside GNOME
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:40:30 +0100

On 30. Nov 2005, at 13:35 Uhr, Pete French wrote:
I came across this years ago deploying OpenStep apps under Windows. Essentially you have to do what NeXT did and make sure theres always one window on screen at launch time if you want the app to function. I think they had one which
popped open a very ugly 'info' box or something...

Annoying, but it's an easy enough workaround.

Actually you have the same behaviour on MacOSX. In a document-based app (like TextEdit), starting the app will open an emtpy window (which I actually find rather annoying ;-).

It doesn't quit the app when all windows all closed though, I think this should be done on Windows.

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/