Re: Clash of the Titans, GNUstep alongside GNOME

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: Clash of the Titans, GNUstep alongside GNOME
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:27:12 +0100

On Mittwoch, Nov 30, 2005, at 08:01 Europe/Berlin, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:

Quoting Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org>:

On 26. Nov 2005, at 18:16 Uhr, Nicolas Roard wrote:
- the feel -- more difficult; under windows you want menu-in-
windows, etc

Is it really such a big deal to resize the content-view of an
NSWindow and place the menu at the top? (really, I have no idea, but
this point sounds rather easy, no?)

Greets,
   Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/
OpenGroupware.org

It isn't, but there's lots of apps out there which exist as a menu-only when no windows are open, e.g. Project{Manager,Center}, Gorm, GNUMail, etc. Such a
concept doesn't really fit into the Windows world.

I didn't follow the discussion so this may be junk :-)
You could open a window with an menu and open all real application windows within this window (tabbed). This is a pretty common concept. I guess it would be pretty ugly, but more windows-like.

Marc