Re: Clash of the Titans, GNUstep alongside GNOME

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: Clash of the Titans, GNUstep alongside GNOME
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:20:40 -0600

I have posted a screenshot of GNUstep apps running alongside GNOME
applications....

I did this, because a picture is worth a thousand words as to the
state of GNUstep's.... interoperability with other desktop
environments....

Nicolas Roard and I developed the Nesedah theme < http://dromasoftware.com/etoile/mediawiki/index.php?title=Nesedah > for Camaelon, and Nikola Pizurica ported it to GTK2 < http://www.ayami.eurobell.co.uk/nesedah-gtk2.tar.bz2 >.

I can't find the link right now, but Nikola posted some screenshots somewhere (should be listed in the archives of this mailing list, but I'm not sure where... anyone?) which showed how well the two interfaces work together. I realize that this is not the perfect situation, as GNUstep doesn't (yet) ship with Camaelon ready to go, and, it would require additional installation of two themes to get them to work together, but, to your point, some progress _is_ being made to get GNUstep to "play nice", at least in the aesthetics arena.

J.