RE: Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:27:58 +0000 (GMT)

> I'm intrested in an AppKit library (gnustep-gui) especially designed for
> targeting MS Windows platform. I guess I'll be forced to start a new
> project. In this way, AppKit would not only be a serious solution when
> porting Cocoa application written on Mac OS X to Windows, but it would
> also be a complement or competitor to existing frameworks and
> technologies on MS Windows.
>
> We could extract current code-base from GNUstep repository. Essentially,
> my initial idea is that AppKit should be especially optimized for MS
> Windows look and feel, including controls and menus.
>
> I don't currently know how much about Windows programming or how much
> work is needed for this. But at least this is my idea. Is there anyone
> other intrested in this or am I alone?

Everyone would be interested in having a more native look&feel for GNUstep
on Windows. :-)

... (specially menus).

I'm not exactly sure what you mean / are planning in the rest of your
email ... but "starting a new project" doesn't seem the right approach to
me in order to get a more native Windows look&feel.

This is a free software project ... you are very welcome to contribute and
help us.  If you submit good patches, they will be accepted.  You don't
need to start a new project in order to make some changes you want ... ;-)

Thanks