Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)

From: Frode
Subject: Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:17:46 +0100

Hi!

What is the gnustep goal about gui drawing style and is it possible to
make use of native operating-system controls and menus?

I'm asking because I looked at the code dealing with control drawing,
searching for the right place to put code using
DrawThemeParentBackground() (or the earlier DrawFrameControl()) to draw
native OS controls. I found GSDrawFunctions a good candidate for this. I
suppose the idea is to create a custom "GSWin32DrawFunctions" where the
main drawing is handled-? Or is it possible to optimize it even further
so that native OS can take care of much of the work? (For example, like
win32 should have an own NSButtonCell.m file?)

May I should ask if there are more programmers considering and / or
desiring this, for example porting a Mac OS X to Windows? Maybe the
straightest way would be to tear off a project specially aimed at
"appkit-win32" library programming and collaborate from there?

Thanks for any ideas!
Regards,
Frode