Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches

From: Armando Di Cianno
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:04:35 -0400

You don't have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You can add your library paths to ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. On other platforms you might need to use the
equivalent trick, or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

For every user???

JP

Well ... yes. If your talking about being a distro packager, "Heck, yes." There's at least two ways I can think off doing this of the cuff.

The first to to add appropriate shell login rc files to /etc/skel that alter LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately.

The second is to add it to /etc/profile, and do something similar.

If you're doing things "by hand" you'd have to make this up yourself, sure.

... I guess I don't see the trouble setting up /etc/profile (or other similar methods) when a user logs in. All distributions handle this differently, but with the same end results.

__armando