Re: question about GNUstep on Debian/woody

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: question about GNUstep on Debian/woody
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:02:04 +0100

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 02:18 PM, Joerg Desch wrote:

Am Mit, 15 Okt 2003 (14:54) schrieb
Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> in gnu.gnustep.discuss:

You can try
defaults read NSGlobalDomain
detaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias YES

Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I'm realy absolutly new to
GNUstep. I never played with it.

What does the above commands mean? Should I call `defaults' from within a
xterm? Or is it a configuration entry?

Yes ... from within xterm.
The 'defaults' program is a comment-line tool which should (if you have run the
GNUstep.sh script) be in your PATH already, so typing the above commands
in your xterm should do the job.