RE: Multibytes character support

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: RE: Multibytes character support
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:33:10 -0500

Hi,

  I solve the problem of XIM.
  If using Xutf8LookupString/XmbLookupString/XwcLookupString,
  it will return the encoding+string, not only string.
  Since I use XFree86 4.1.0,
  it always use Xutf8LookupString to get the encoding+string,
  and the encoding and the string is seperate by "\002".
  I attach the whoe XIMInputServer.m file,
  but actually the modification is only in
  - (NSString *) lookupStringForEvent: (XKeyEvent *)event
                             window: (gswindow_device_t *)windev
                             keysym: (KeySym *)keysymptr

  Hope it won't affect the original function.
  Combined with XmbFontInfo which I send previously,
  GNUstep can input and display traditional Chinese now.

  Yen-Ju