Re: 2-bytes character display ready ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: 2-bytes character display ready ?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:24:17 +0000 (GMT)

> On the other hand if I remember correctly the original idea behind
> backends was (a few years ago) to separate appearance from behaviour.

Yes - this idea is no longer approved of :-)

Themes will be implemented at the gui level.

The backends do and will only provide the drawing primitives.  We don't
know exactly what the drawing primitives are going to be :-) (postscript,
or some custom stuff, or whatever) but we all agree that the backends
should only provide the drawing primitives.

I know the original idea was different - I also know it's still in some
documentation.  Please forget about it. :-)