Re: Unpcomming FreeBSD 4.5 release and gdomap

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: Unpcomming FreeBSD 4.5 release and gdomap
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:38:55 -0800

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:29:06 +0000
Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:
> > Which pre-4.4 systems in particular? Assuming, you are referring to a
> > pre-4.4BSD system ... not me.
> ;-) yes, I meant BSD 4.3 or 4.2 to compare the behaviour of the
> SIOCGIFFLAGS ioctl on the older systems. I cant belive its borken on every
> 4.4 system, yet it does seem to be eryurning garbage results. Mind you,

Do you use a GENERIC kernel or did you configure your own?
BTW. what NIC is it?

> I;ve gone rather a long way away from the "finding the problem with
> gdomap" quest I started on so this is probably getting off topic for this
> list.

Here at the office, I run FreeBSD-4.2 and -4.4 and haven't seen any
problems. Same at home, where I run only FreeBSD-4.4. I might still
have copies of NetBSD 3.something and FreeBSD-4.3 (maybe even 3.5.1)
If I find some time, I'll check those.

--
Chris