Unpcomming FreeBSD 4.5 release and gdomap

From: Pete French
Subject: Unpcomming FreeBSD 4.5 release and gdomap
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:56:06 +0000

I dnt know if anyone else out there is running GGNUstep under FreeBSD, but
there is a new release - 4.5 - due out in a few days, and some of the chnages
that they have made in the last week appear to perevent gdomap from starting
up. I am now getting:

SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured

many times.  when trying to run it.  On my machine at home it does start
running after this, though on a more recently updated work machine it will not
run at all and quits complaining of an inability to identify the local
interface. I am assuming this is a FreeBSD bug, but thought it worth
mentioning here in case other people run into it.

-bat.