Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?

From: Jonathan Gapen
Subject: Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 22:48:28 -0600

Sungjin Chun wrote:
>  I also think that rpm packages are for users, especially for
> novice and should be flattened and if anyone who wants to
> develop multi platform application then he should install
> un flattened, deep dicrectory structured GNUstep from
> source package and I think he can install these packages
> easily :-)

    Question:  what exactly is the problem with the deep directory
structure for users?  I don't understand.
    Users just want to run tools and apps, right?  The tools run on the
command-line just like any other program, and to run apps, one uses the
'openapp' script,  the AppName.app/AppName script, or another app like
GWorkspace/Fiend.  Why would a user go poking around in the libraries or
app wrappers?