Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.15.4 packet receive using transceiver_OQPSK.g

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.15.4 packet receive using transceiver_OQPSK.grc
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 07:45:37 -0700

Hi,

> On 12 Oct 2015, at 21:19, Jaeho <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> As I know, instead of IP, 802.15.4 use mac address to communicate between
> two nodes.
>
> So, I think, I must setting mac address for 802.15.4 communication, but I
> can't find
>
> any setting source code from Loopback experiment and transceiver_OQPSK.grc
>
> How can I set mac address manually?

You are right. If you have two 15.4 nodes with a complete 15.4 stack they would
create a PAN when you start them up. Then, they would use the PAN ID and an
address identifier to communicate with other nodes in the network.

This implementation is mainly about the PHY. That means if you start the
transceiver on two PCs they would just see each others frames. If you wanted
MAC / network layer functionality (like routing, topology creation, dropping
unicast packets for other nodes, IPv6, and stuff like this) you would have to
implement this on top of the PHY.

(This code also adds a static MAC header with a broadcast address so that 15.4
devices receive the frames, but that’s not really relevant for your experiment.)

Best,
Bastian