Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrogram plot on ControlPort

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrogram plot on ControlPort
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 08:18:45 -0400

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Nowlan, Sean
<address@hidden> wrote:

>>On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Nowlan, Sean <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Does anybody know how to get gr-ctrlport-monitor to do spectrogram
>>> plots? I set up a ctrlport_probe2_c block with the DISPSPEC
>>> DisplayType but all I see are Time, PSD, and Constellation plot options in
>>> gr-ctrlport-monitor.
>
>>I hadn't actually enabled the spectrogram plots through our ControlPort
>>monitor app. It's due to the way the data is handled that makes it a slight
>>pain to set up. It's not impossible, but I just hadn't spent the time to do
>>it. You can look in
>>gnuradio-runtime/python/gnuradio/ctrlport/GrDataPlotter.py and see what you
>>can do about adding it in.
>
> I just copied the PSD functions and changed "Psd" to "Spectrogram" and added
> waterfall sinks to get it working. However I had to remove a call to
> "enable_autoscale(bool)" since that function isn't a member of the
> waterfall_sink_* classes. Does this sound like the right approach or do I
> have to do something special to the data first?
>
> --sean

That should definitely be a good start. You're going to probably want
to have a rolling buffer that you fill up with the latest samples and
age off the oldest ones once its full. Otherwise, you'll just get one
or two lines of the spectrogram plotted.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4