Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrogram plot on ControlPort

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrogram plot on ControlPort
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:39:30 +0000

>On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Nowlan, Sean <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Does anybody know how to get gr-ctrlport-monitor to do spectrogram
>> plots? I set up a ctrlport_probe2_c block with the DISPSPEC
>> DisplayType but all I see are Time, PSD, and Constellation plot options in
>> gr-ctrlport-monitor.

>I hadn't actually enabled the spectrogram plots through our ControlPort
>monitor app. It's due to the way the data is handled that makes it a slight
>pain to set up. It's not impossible, but I just hadn't spent the time to do
>it. You can look in gnuradio-runtime/python/gnuradio/ctrlport/GrDataPlotter.py
>and see what you can do about adding it in.

I just copied the PSD functions and changed "Psd" to "Spectrogram" and added
waterfall sinks to get it working. However I had to remove a call to
"enable_autoscale(bool)" since that function isn't a member of the
waterfall_sink_* classes. Does this sound like the right approach or do I have
to do something special to the data first?

--sean