Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu 11.10 GNURadio Companion not installing he

From: Alex DEKKER
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu 11.10 GNURadio Companion not installing help
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 20:52:06 +0100

On 03/07/12 20:34, Jared Harvey wrote:
Hello Alex,

/home/jharvey/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so:
wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
AD>  Mixture  of  32  and  64  bit packages, by any
AD>  chance?

Not   likely,   but  perhaps.  The  packages  were
installed via package manager, or the the GNURadio
build  script.  So I assume it all 64 bit, however
if  I  knew how to check, I'd check. Do you have a
suggested  way  to check? I see from Synaptic that
it doesn't seem to specify 32 or 64.

Architecture: line in the output of apt-cache show packagename, or is it? I can only find one i1386 package on my 64bit system, and the arch is listed as AMD64! 'dpkg -l | grep i386' should show up 32-on-64 packages.

Just noticed that the problem library is in ~/.local/. I've never seen that before, it seems to imply that you've got numpy installed in your home directory. Is that right? You could try moving ~/.local/lib/ to ~/.local/lib-ignoreme/ and see if that fixes it. Might break a whole load of other stuff in the process too, of course.

alexd