Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple band pass filter

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple band pass filter
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 06:42:15 -0700

Umer,

You have a filter with a sample rate of 1.7GHz. This is obviously incorrect. Your filter must operate at the baseband rate; in the case of USRP2 with decimation 16, as you have it set up, the filter will operate at 100Msps/16=6.25Msps. The filter cutoff frequencies must be similarly relative to the baseband frequency, not absolute -- if you are tuned to 850MHz and want a cutoff at 850.4MHz, you would specify a cutoff frequency of 400kHz.

Additionally, did you really mean to use the USRP2 source? The old USRP2 source has been deprecated in favor of UHD for a very long time.

--n