[Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu 11.10 GNURadio Companion not installing help

From: Jared Harvey
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu 11.10 GNURadio Companion not installing help
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 07:41:20 -0400

Hello,

I'm having a problem getting GRC to install. It appears it thinks
numpy is not installed, however synaptic claims it is. Also the log
files notes

python-numpy is already the newest version.

Yet I also see in the log file

-- Configuring gnuradio-companion support...
--   Dependency ENABLE_GR_CORE = ON
--   Dependency ENABLE_PYTHON = ON
--   Dependency PYTHON_MIN_VER_FOUND = TRUE
--   Dependency CHEETAH_FOUND = TRUE
--   Dependency LXML_FOUND = TRUE
--   Dependency PYGTK_FOUND = TRUE
--   Dependency NUMPY_FOUND = FALSE
--   Disabling gnuradio-companion support.
--   Override with -DENABLE_GRC=ON/OFF

Can anyone shine some light on this for me? Should I force the enable?
If so how do I force it? It appears it can be enabled, but I'm not
sure how to enable it. Attached is info that includes how I built it,
and the log file generated. I tried to post as text, however it failed
to send, so I'm trying it as a compressed attachment. It's just a text
file that includes this original message, and log files.

Also it's a 64 bit platform that once had Activestate Python
installed. However that should be uninstalled at this point. Synaptic
and other package managers were closed at the time I ran the script.

Best regards.

Jared Harvey Operator KB1GTT

e-mail address@hidden
Web page http://jaredharvey.com