Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR standard UHD options parser module

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR standard UHD options parser module
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:11:06 -0600

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 03:35:03PM -0500, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

>    o The biggest swath of Linux-using population for Gnu Radio uses
> Fedora and Ubuntu--biggest bang for the buck
>    o The author of that script (me) happens to be a user of Fedora
> (primarily) and Ubuntu (secondarily), so
>       had familiarity with the "build recipes" for those two distributions.
>
> I've always said that I invite patches that give a matching "recipe" (as
> embodied in the shell script) for other
>   Linux distributions.  I'm not any kind of Fedora/Ubuntu purist
> fanboy.  That's just what I happen to have been
>   familiar with when I wrote build-gnuradio.

I certainly appreciate the script and the efforts to make it work under
various conditions. I use it under Ubuntu and works well.

> And you don't *have* to use build-gnuradio.  There are "recipes" for a
> number of Linux distributions up on the
>   website for those who want to go the manual route (and testing and
> inevitable tweaking of those recipes
>   when they're incorrect or out-of-date).  I can't maintain those
> recipes myself--Fedora and Ubuntu are enough
>   work by themselves.

Sure. I don't use the script under FreeBSD mostly because I use different
directories, both so I can install as a user (without sudo) and to keep
some projects running while I get the next version debugged.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net