Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to link gnuradio library with applications ou

From: Marcus M
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to link gnuradio library with applications outside of gnuradio/usrp?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:31:35 -0500

@Alexander, thanks for your reply, it worked like a charm.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcus M (cool name, actually),

gr_complex is an STL complex<float>, so you won't need the complete GR core to use it:
gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime/gr_complex.h:typedef std::complex<float>    gr_complex;

gri_fft requires only gr_complex (see above) and gr_sys_paths, which is essentially replaceable by
string literals. (and boost filesystem&threads and fftw of course, but those are not part of GR)

By the way: You'll be benchmarking FFTW (float implementation) complex2real fft, why would you want
to use it wrapped in gri_fft? Using FFTW is -after all- three lines of code, using the benchmarking
functions one line more.

I actually wanted to test my gnuradio block that performs acquisition of DSSS signals. As I am not sure how gprof works in gnuradio I thought i will use the same classes that I used for my block and test the block using a test code outside of gnuradio while retaining everything 'gnuradio' in it. I didn't want to change the code as I suspect that may result in performance difference.

I use gri_fft in my block so that I can have the block resemble native gnuradio code. I will use fftw and if it improves performance then I will use that instead of the gri_fft wrapper.

Thanks everybody.

Hope this was helpful,

greetings
Marcus Müller