[Discuss-gnuradio] local install failure on ubuntu

From: suraev
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] local install failure on ubuntu
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:08:12 +0100

Hello.

I'm trying to follow installation guide using gnuradio-3.3.0:
./configure --prefix=/home/me/bin/gnuradio
make
make install

I got following error:
libtool: install: error: cannot install `_gnuradio_swig_py_filter.la' to a directory not ending in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr

Is there some --option for ./configure I'm missing?

I tried to search on wiki & ml but found only advice to use "sudo make install" which is exactly opposite to what I'm trying to achieve.

looking forwards for your reply,
Max.