Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] local install failure on ubuntu

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] local install failure on ubuntu
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:20:32 -0700

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:08 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello.

I'm trying to follow installation guide using gnuradio-3.3.0:
./configure --prefix=/home/me/bin/gnuradio
make
make install

I got following error:
libtool: install: error: cannot install `_gnuradio_swig_py_filter.la' to a directory not ending in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr

Is there some --option for ./configure I'm missing?

I tried to search on wiki & ml but found only advice to use "sudo make install" which is exactly opposite to what I'm trying to achieve.

looking forwards for your reply,
Max.

It sounds like you previously built the code using a different prefix, then changed the prefix and tried to install it. The safest thing at this point is to just make clean and start again.

Tom