Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Driver for USRP1

From: Pascal Charest
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Driver for USRP1
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:40:15 -0400

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Frank Rawlins <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you for your reply John.  However, I think you might have thought I meant copying data.

In a typical setup with a complete clean hardrive (nothing installed) I would first install the operating system, in this case UBUNTU 9.04.  I then go the appropriate site to copy all the links and associated programs for USRP to work this can take up to 1 hour usually with problems.  Once everything is running well I want to copy the total image of this hard drive on to a DVD.  The DVD can then be used to install the operating system plus all associations on another clean hardrive.  Therefore,  being completely independent of the internet to install USRP on a new PC.

Try remastersys
<http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/remastersystool.html>

I never used it, but it seems to do the job.

Pascal