RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Driver for USRP1

From: Frank Rawlins
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Driver for USRP1
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:27:05 +0100

Thank you for your reply John.  However, I think you might have thought I meant copying data.

In a typical setup with a complete clean hardrive (nothing installed) I would first install the operating system, in this case UBUNTU 9.04.  I then go the appropriate site to copy all the links and associated programs for USRP to work this can take up to 1 hour usually with problems.  Once everything is running well I want to copy the total image of this hard drive on to a DVD.  The DVD can then be used to install the operating system plus all associations on another clean hardrive.  Therefore,  being completely independent of the internet to install USRP on a new PC.

Hope this makes sense.

Frank

> To: address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Driver for USRP1
> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:47:53 -0700
> From: address@hidden
>
> A DVD would not be a good replacement for a hard drive -- particularly
> because it isn't writeable (and many things expect to write to the file
> system, even for small log files and such).
>
> It would be easier to install Ubuntu onto a USB memory stick, boot it,
> and copy over whatever changes you need for your RA USRP setup. Then
> you can just make copies of this USB stick as needed to run it in
> various places.
>
> You can get these sticks in various sizes, smaller or larger than a DVD,
> for two to thirty dollars each.
>
> John

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now