Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filterbank stuff

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filterbank stuff
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:28:39 -0800

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm currently thinking Analysis Filterbank/Synthesis Filterbank to take
> the baseband signals, and spread them across
>  a wider spectrum, with replication.

Aside from what Matt says regarding QAM and OFDM, if you truly want to
exactly replicate the baseband signal, and not apply some form of
coding across each of them to make them different, why not just zero
stuff your baseband up to the wider sample rate?

On the sanity of the original idea, though, I agree with Matt--OFDM
gets you the protection against frequency selective fading I think
you're going for here.

Another thought is to use spread spectrum, similar to GPS, which would
trade off bit rate for bandwidth.

Johnathan