[Discuss-gnuradio] Filterbank stuff

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filterbank stuff
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:31:58 -0500

I'm toying with some insane ideas for EME (Moonbounce) for a friend of mine.

I'm toying with taking a modulated baseband from a QAM16 modulator, and
replicating it across several spectral pickets
  over a wide band, then on reception doing "something" with these
redundant copies to improve SNR/BER.

I'm currently thinking Analysis Filterbank/Synthesis Filterbank to take
the baseband signals, and spread them across
  a wider spectrum, with replication.

Ignoring whether this approach is sane or not is the filterbank the
right block to use to take multiple narrow baseband signals and
  "map" them onto a wider baseband?

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium