[Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC demod tips

From: Ken Harris
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC demod tips
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

        I just got a USRP, and I'm learning how it works.

        I'm having trouble getting the ATSC demod to work.

        The WFM demod works OK, so I know the antenna, etc works.

I know I'm tuning the right frequency (KQED with a center frequency of 569MHz), because I can see the signal with usrp_fft.

I got a few underruns during the "usrp_rx_cfile". About 10 in 10 seconds. The raw data file is 446 meg.

I get an empty output file and a file named "taps.txt", which is also empty.

I tried both the Gnuradio v3.1.2 (in Fedora 9) and the Gnuradio from SVN.

I get a few output strings, like ">>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE" from btl-fsd and ">>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
Setting initial_freq: 3065000.000000" from fpll

        Do you have any tips on finding the problem?

        Thanks.