RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC demod tips

From: Ben Green
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC demod tips
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:05:56 -0700 (PDT)

Wuest Brandon-WTVR47 wrote:

>> I got a few underruns during the "usrp_rx_cfile".
>> About 10 in 10 seconds.  The raw data file is 446 meg.
>
> Underruns are bad.
>
> Try capturing the data to a ram disk instead of your hard drive if you
> do not have a faster hard drive setup available (i.e. RAID).  I used the
> ATSC demodulator a few months back and was never able to successfully
> store that data down to my hard drive, so I allocated a 512 MB ramdisk
> and used that which worked great.

I am having the same issue. When using a ramdisk I get no usrp overruns but
still the output file is empty. When putting the output of each py file in
its own file, I found btl-fsd.py outputs nothing. Are there any obvious
reasons why this would be happening? Is there anything I can do to narrow
down the problem?