Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Latest publications: about DAB and Soft-DVB

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Latest publications: about DAB and Soft-DVB
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:52:38 +0200

Rafael,

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:11:24PM -0300, rafael2k wrote:
> Hi all,
> Can anyone make available the OFDM / DAB implementation by Jens Elsner, which
> original location was:
> -  http://www.1c3.de/gr-dab.tar.bz2

If you're interested in DAB and GNU Radio, I'd recommend starting with
the current OFDM code in trunk and reimplementing the DAB frame
structure, interleaver and channel coding. All the necessary parts are
in GNU Radio already (except for may be the block interleaver?).

If you're interested in DAB in general (read: implementing with non-free
software),
you can contact me off list.

> There is also a paper called:
> -  V. Pellegrini, G. Bacci, M. Luise, "Soft-DVB, a Fully Software, GNURadio
> Based ETSI DVB-T Modulator", in Proc. WSR'08, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 2008
>
> Can it be accessible via any University Online Library?

Vicenzo gave a nice demo in Karlsruhe at the WSR '08. I have the paper here,
but since Vicenzo is on the list: just write him an email.

Best regards,
Jens