Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Planning for the future

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Planning for the future
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:37:16 -0500

On Feb 13, 2008 11:15 AM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
> I expect to start on the "thread-per-block" scheduler either next week
> or the week after.  This should enable us to make good use of SMP
> machines.

Hopefully, this question makes some sense, my background is in the SCA
which is already a "thread per block" architecture.

One of the things I find attractive about gnu radio is the flowgraphs
ARE single threaded. Will it be possible to use single threaded flow
graphs with a "block".  I'm concerned about increased end to end
latency if you have a flowgraph with many blocks that need scheduling
because they are running in separate threads.

Philip