Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py

From: ematlis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 19:18:28 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, I installed the latest Quartus II ver. 7.2 software onto a virtualized WinXP guest hosted by a Linux x86_64 system running kvm/qemu. I downloaded a recent revision of gnuradio (revision 6595) onto the host.

I started Quartus, and using a samba connection between the virtual guest and the Linux host I opened the usrp_multi.qpf project file in: usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_multi

Not knowing anything about Quartus, I took a guess and hit "Start Compilation" under the Processing menu.

The compilation begins, a lot of green and blue lines go by including many "Elaborating entity...", but after a short while the compilation fails with an error:

"Error: Node instance "cic_dec_shifter" instantiates undefined entity "cic_dec_shifter"

The line just before this, says:

"Info: Elaborating entity "sign_extend" for hierarchy "rx_chain:rx_chain_0|cic_decim:cic_decim_i_0|sign_extend:ext_input"

Not sure what to do at this point....

thanks,
eric