Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py

From: ematlis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:05:08 -0400 (EDT)

Your suggestion worked to fix the compilation problem, along with the addition of a line for atr_delay.v, however, I'm not able to load the newly compiled rbf file into the usrp, and the error leads me to believe I need to take a step back and make sure I'm working with the right files.

When I copied the newly compiled usrp_multi.rbf to share/usrp/rev2/, I get the following error with the verbose environment variable turned on:

usrp: firmware ...share/usrp/rev2/std.ihx loaded successfully.
Can't find fpga bitstream: multi_usrp_test.rbf

even though I specified the name "multi_usrp_test.rbf" in the python code.

So on a hunch I changed the name of the rbf file to std_4rx_0tx.rbf, adjusted my python code appropriatly, and now it loads but I get the following:

usrp: firmware .../share/usrp/rev2/std.ihx loaded successfully.
usrp: fpga bitstream ...share/usrp/rev2/std_4rx_0tx.rbf loaded successfully.
This code requires an FPGA build with 4 DDCs.  This FPGA has only 2.

So now my question is, to test the multiple receive capability of the usrp, exactly which project file (in which directory) do I need to load into Quartus, do I need to modify it to enable 4 receive ddc's, and once it compiles, what do I do with it? Where do I put it and how do I name it? Why does it need to be named exactly one way and not another?

thanks,
eric